Day 77: Marshall Community Center
Day 77 of 365…
We’ve been having some crummy weather again and you might be looking for some new indoor location to play and exercise. If this is you then you might want to check out the Marshall Community Center. This isn’t the old, tired Marshall Center that we all who are from around here grew up with. They did a total remodel of the original 20,000 square feet and a 10,000 square foot addition to this center five years ago and it’s really nice now.
A few highlighted upgrades and changes include:
* Fitness Center with 2800 square foot weight room
* Aerobics/dance room with wood sprung floor
* Arts/Crafts studio with outdoor work terrace
* New floors, carpet, and paint
* ADA-approved accessibility features, including an elevator
* Drop slide in the pool
* Gym upgrades, including new flooring, equipment, lighting and acoustical features
* New Teen Lounge adjacent to the Game Room
I grew up at Marshall Center and learned to swim here. My kids also learned to swim here. I’m sure with the newest upgrades and improvements many more generations of kids will also learn to swim here. While I was there tonight there was a renewed vitality at Marshall Center. It was nice to see…
I’d recommend you head over and check the new place out. I have many fond memories from Marshall Center (my senior class party was even held here) and am excited to see all the great improvements they’ve done.
Marshall Community Center is located at 1009 E. McLoughlin, Vancouver, WA 98663 and can be reached at 360-487-7100.